Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A little Medicine for the teethers!!

   Having a new baby is such a joyous time in our lives. However, the teething stages are not so joyous!! Teething can start as early as 3 months. Two teething baby medications that I recommend are Naturals dissolvable teething tablets by Orajel and Homeopathic teething drops by Gentle Naturals. These two are heaven sent!!

    The teething tablets are Benzocaine, dye, and alcohol free. The teething drops are made with natural ingredients and is benzocaine free as well. If you are unfamiliar with benzocaine, it is a local anesthetic that blocks the nerve signal in your body. This is also known as "numbing medication". The main note to know about Benzocaine is that if its used in the mouth or throat too much, it can cause a life threatening condition in which the amount of oxygen in your blood stream can become dangerously low! It's not recommended to give any child under the age of 2 anything that contains this substance! 

    These two over the counter teething medication works in minutes to help sooth my baby teething woes! Add this to your baby medicine cabinet!! I found both of these products at your local drug stores (Walgreens and Cvs). You can also find the teething tablets at target!!
Teething Drops: $4.47 average price 
Teething Tablets: $5.38 average price
**Note I am not a doctor, ALL of my reviews are based on the things that I have tried with myself or my children. Everyone and every child is different, you can try these products at your own discretion***




No comments:

Post a Comment